If you own a web site with imporant information, this software is the only product available today (to the best of our knowledge) that can secure your data from spidering programs. This software is easy to use and specially designed to work with the best and most useful web servers: Apache and IIS.
SpiderArmor makes your pages visible to users but not available for spidering programs that will make your data safe from scrapping by others!
There is a number of techniques to protect the contents of a site, but for today none of them are effective enough. The basic difficulty in data protection consists in the fact that the user should see this data, however see it only through a browser, blocking thus an opportunity to copy the data through the clipboard, and also an opportunity to save the information by any software.
The existing protection techniques can be divided into 2 basic classes, the first class only creates difficulties in copying of the data into the clipboard for users. Among them it is possible to point out the following simple techniques:
- Blocking of the right button of the mouse.
Such method allows to make so that users of the majority of browsers can not see the contents of pages. The technique is rather simple, but it actually protects the user of graphic pictures from saving on a disk. The whole code may be available on a page, and if needed it can be manually selected with a mouse, and copied into the clipboard and further pasted into the necessary document. In this connection the site is not protected from the programs of automatic recursive copying of the HTML pages content.
- Display of the text inside the HTML code, using the special symbols.
This technique is little bit better than the previous one, because the user will not be able to see the text by viewing the HTML document in all the browsers, and not only in those which are the most popular. Nevertheless, the user can copy the text into any document, using the clipboard. In the programs of automatic copying of the contents it will be necessary to convert the special HTML symbols into the usual text. This is an additional difficulty, however it can be solved simply. The drawback of such an approach also consists in the fact, that the search systems will not be able to index this text correctly.
Another class of solutions is more effective, but is quite complicated in use both for the owner of a site, and the end user. Let us name them:
- Converting of pages into PDF format with delegation of the corresponding commission on reading the file.
Such method is effective enough, however it works in such cases when the page represents some static document. If there is a service of search or filtration of the contents such method is not suitable - more dynamic methods are necessary.
- The use of Java Applet or Flash.
This method is technically difficult to realize but still it makes the ways of data extraction from such applications simple enough. The drawbacks are the big size of attachments, the necessities for a client to support Java and Flash, the difficulty in data updating. More often such method is used on those sites where such technology is required for creation of dynamic stages, and protection of the contents is the consequence of its use. One of the problems is also an indexation by search programs, becauce the robots of search systems will not be able to understand the necessary text from pictures.
- Saving of pages as graphic files.
Such method is rather interesting; the user will not be able to select the text, it will be impossible to extract the data from a page by means of a program without writing of a complicated mechanism of text recognition which at the same time will not give a 100 % of a correct result. The basic drawbacks are pages with the size of a half of a gigabyte and difficulty with creation of pictures of a site, because you need to keep all the links.The problem with pages indexation by search systems is also a drawback
SpiderArmor is a breakthrough in site content protection.
The company Soft Service Ltd managed to unit the advantages of the existing data protection techniques in one software SpiderArmor:
At present there is a version for IIS for Windows platform. Works on the development of the program for the web-server apache are being finished.
- Protection against data copying by the client through the clipboard
- Protection against content by viewing a HTML code both by means of a browser, and after data saving on a hard disk.
- Protection against data extraction by spidering programs.
- Simplicity in installation. You only need to add one html tag into a code of web-application to mark the protected spaces of your site.
- Simplicity in use, you can change a site or the information in a database as you wish, but your information remains protected.
- You protect only that data which you want to protect, thus the rest of a page is completely accessible to indexation by search systems
- Works with any web-scripts (HTML, DHTML, ASP, ASP.NET, CFML, PHP, Perl, DLL, EXE, etc).
Contact Us | Download
Try it now at no cost!