CamZoomer :: Description
How much does a high-end, motorized Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera cost? Typically, you will pay at least $850.
With CamZoomer you can get the same features using a regular webcam (connected via USB or CamCoder) for just $39.95!
Use CamZoomer with any USB webcam to get the features of an expensive Pan-Tilt-Zoom camera for just fraction of the cost. Since a typical USB webcam costs about $30, why pay $850 when you can get the effect you need for just $69.95
I. Main features:
- 8x Digital ZOOM
- 45 Degree PAN (depends on camera)
- 45 Degree TILT (depends on camera)
- Control from your keyboard (keypad) (move left/right/up/down, zoom +/-)
- Works with all webcam applications.
- Allows to run multiple webcam applications with only one webcam device (CamSplitter integrated)
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom settings indication on the picture
- Simple setup
- FREE Trial download
II. How it works?
USB based webcams usually support different resolutions for video, and quite often the maximum resolution is 640x480 (VGA). But resolution that high is excessive in most cases. Typically, most people don't use more than 320x200 for online video conferencing purposes, because 640x480 is too slow for real-time video over the internet. CamZoomer can access this extra resolution - zooming and moving the picture displayed on your camera.
CamZoomer is an add-on application that fits in between your webcam application(s) and a real webcam driver. It takes video from a real webcam (in the maximum allowed resolution) and transfers it to the webcam application. This allows CamZoomer to do 2x ZOOM without any loss of quality. Using digital zoom allows CamZoomer to zoom in even further, up to 8x magnification, with still exceptionally high quality. This virtual zooming technique looks just like the real thing. The same resolution-changing technique allows extremely effective emulation of panning and tilting your camera. Try CamZoomer and see how effective it is. Download the FREE trial, which is limited only by a small notification message reminding you to register.
- Download and run CamZoomer.exe from here for FREE.
- Follow the setup instructions.
- After installation you will see a new icon in your system tray with 2 letters (CZ). If you don't see it initially, you may have to run CamZoomer from your Start menu.
- Right mouse click on the CamZoomer icon in your system tray and click Choose webcam from the menu.
- Select the webcam you want to use for PAN-TILT-ZOOM and to be available in several different applications at the same time and press the OK button.
- Run your webcam application and choose the CamSplitter capture device (IMPORTANT: You should use CamSplitter as the webcam device, not your original camera).
- Now you can manage your static camera from the keypad.
IV. How to use:
IMPORTANT: NumLock must be turned OFF!
Press keypad 4 to move LEFT. Press keypad 6 to move RIGHT.
Press keypad 8 to move UP. Press keypad 2 to move DOWN.
Press keypad + to zoom IN. Press keypad - to zoom OUT.
V. Software and hardware requirements:
VI. Versions history:
- Pentium 400 with 64MB RAM or better
- Webcam connected to computer
- Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003
- CamZooomer v3.0
+ Better capture cards support
+ IEEE 1394 devices support
- CamZooomer v1.6
- CamZooomer v1.5
+ Windows 98 operation system support
- CamZooomer v1.4
+ Minor bug fixes
- CamZooomer v1.2
+ Flash video
- CamZooomer v1.1
+ MSN video
- CamZooomer v1.0
+ Yahoo messanger
+ SoftService WebVideo
+ Moonlightfriends console
+ Streamray console
+ Firecracker software
+ XBLive software
Download FREE Trial | Buy now | Activation | Contact Us